Electronics technicians for industrial engineering
Handtmann Training - Electronics technicians for industrial engineering
What do I need to know about the profession?
Electronics technicians for industrial engineering take care of switching and control systems, power distribution systems, factory equipment and production systems.
Duration of apprenticeship:
Required school-leaving qualification:
good secondary school certificate (Haupt-/Realschule)
Further education opportunities
Bachelor of Engineering
Development and design of electronic circuits
Troubleshooting in the event of faults
Commissioning of production systems
Configuration and programming of robots
Accurate way of working
Interest in physics and maths
Ability to think logically
What will I learn at the training centre?
- Basics of electrical installations (7 weeks)
- Basics of electronics (7 weeks)
- Basics of control technology (8 weeks)
- Basics of electronic data processing (4 weeks)
- Project work (4 weeks)
- Electric safety engineering (2 weeks)
Core and specialist qualifications
- Safety engineering (4 weeks)
- Exam preparation Part 1 (5 weeks)
- PLC S7-TIA portal (4 weeks)
- Drive technology (4 weeks)
Core and specialist qualifications
- Robots (2 weeks)
- Bus systems (3 weeks)
- Control engineering (3 weeks)
- Hydraulics (4 weeks)
- No courses in the training centre.
What will I learn in the specialist departments?
- Maintenance buildings (8 weeks)
- Electrical assembly (4 weeks)
- Electronics workshop (6 weeks)
- Control box construction (3 weeks)
- Maintenance production (12 weeks)
- Maintenance mechanical manufacturing (4 weeks)
- PCB manufacturing (ACD) (4 weeks)
- Electric engine repair (EMB) (2 weeks)
- Maintenance production (8 weeks)
- Field of activity
- Field of activity with operational task
Questions & answers on the application process at Handtmann
Applications via the online portal are preferred.
However, you still have the possibility to apply either by post or by mail.
- Covering letter
- Full curriculum vitae
- Last 3 school records
The application period for the start of training in 2021 is finished.
The application period for the start of training in 2022 will be begin from 1. July 2021 to 15. September 2021. During this period you can apply yourself.
You will receive confirmation of receipt after you have sent your application. You will therefore know that your documentation has definitely reached Handtmann.
Your application documents will then be read personally and considered with respect to suitability by the training team. Therefore it may take a few weeks before you receive a reply. Thank you for your understanding. Even if it may take some time to consider your application, this on no account reflects on your chances of being accepted for the position.
If your application and the requirements of your career aspiration match, we will invite you for a personal interview. This is usually with the respective instructor.
Please refer to the Directions section to find out how to get to our locations.
You will receive a written response to the success of your application in the weeks after the interview. If your application is confirmed, we will send you a trainee contract and further information.
We ask for your patience. There may be several applicants and a decision can only be reached once all the interviews are complete.
Of course you can apply again after an unsuccessful application. It is quite possible that a suitable trainee position will be available at a later date or that a skilled worker position is vacant after your training. We look forward to receiving your application.
Site plans and directions