Twelve Sustainability Guidelines of the Mechanical Engineering Industry
Blue Competence Sustainability Guidelines
We are Alliance Member of the Sustainability Initiative Blue Competence. Blue Competence is an initiative of the VDMA for promoting and communication of sustainable solutions for the Mechanical Engineering Industry. By using the trademark “Blue Competence”, we commit ourselves to these twelve Sustainability Guidelines of the European Mechanical Engineering Industry.
The sustainability guidelines for the mechanical and plant engineering sector do more than just pay lip service to the issue. They are a verifiable pledge to the companies themselves and to the general public. The mechanical and plant engineering companies are continually developing sustainable product and production technologies. They are aware of their responsibility for people and the environment. However, in order that sustainable economic activities and actions are no longer left to chance, clear criteria are needed on the basis of which companies can align, check and publicise their own commitment. These 12 guidelines clearly define the requirements for sustainability in the mechanical and plant engineering sector.
INTRODUCTION: Our understanding of trendsetting sustainability is based on the principles of economic success, fairness and respect & responsibility and includes the dimensions of society, ecology & economy. We understand sustainable action holistically in terms of the definition of the Brundtland report and the definition of the German Council for Sustainable Development (RNE).
1. Sustainability is an important part of our corporate strategy.
2. With sustainable business models, we create strong values and secure corporate success.
3. Our technologies and solutions promote sustainable developments worldwide.
4. Sustainable thinking and actions are mapped in our processes and products.
5. We conserve resources and are committed to climate protection.
6. Our employees are our most valuable asset.
We promote engagement and participation.
7. We are committed to protecting human rights.
8. Our company is a Habitat.
9. We take on social responsibility in our Region.
10. We keep our promises.
11. We maintain active dialogue with all those involved.
12. We communicate our sustainable action transparently.