Bachelor of Science – Business Informatics
What do I need to know about the profession?
DHBW Business Informatics students are IT specialists who set up and maintain IT systems and solve user and system problems.
Duration of study:
3 years (6 semesters)
Required school-leaving qualification:
University of applied sciences entrance qualification (Fachhochschulreife) or university entrance qualification (Abitur)
Further education opportunities
User advice and support
Operation and maintenance of IT systems
Development, installation and configuration of systems
Creation of documentation
Troubleshooting in the event of faults
Planning, organisation and coordination of projects
Presentation of evaluations
Programming and application development
Interest in maths and IT
Willingness to learn
Ability to think logically
Systematic way of learning and working
Sense of responsibility
What will I learn at the Cooperative State University?
1st and 2nd semester
- Algorithms and data structure
- Operating systems
- Introduction to academic work
- Introduction to business administration
- Introduction to programming
- Introduction to business informatics
- Basic of ERP
- Advanced programming
- Basics of IT
- Basics of consulting
- Commercial and corporate law
- Communication systems
- Cost accounting and results accounts
- Logic and algebra
- Mathematics for business information scientists
- System analysis and design
- Financial accounting techniques
- Contractual frameworks, law of obligations
3rd and 4th semester
- Balancing of accounts
- Databases: Design and programming
- Database technology
- Money, currency, foreign trade, economic policy
- Investment and financing
- Micro- and macroeconomics
- Modelling of business processes
- Operations research
- Project management
- Supply chain management using SAP/ERP
- Distributed systems
- Web-database connection
- Web programming
- Philosophy of science & methods of empirical social research
5th and 6th semester
- Applied corporate management
- Selected aspects of management
- Business intelligence
- ERP customisation and development
- ERP case study
- Ethics in consulting
- Business process management
- Integration seminar on selected topics of business informatics
- IT management and IT law
- Models of business engineering
- New concepts
- 2 projects
- Corporate management and controlling
What will I learn in the specialist departments?
- IT (33 weeks)
- Incoming goods (2 weeks)
- Dispatch (2 weeks)
- Materials management and logistics (4 weeks)
- Purchasing (4 weeks)
DHBW Student Business Informatics at the workstation.
- IT (26 weeks)
- Environmental protection (2 weeks)
- Technical services (2 weeks)
- Human relations (4 weeks)
- Financial accounting (4 weeks)
- Vocational training (4 weeks)
- Personnel development (4 weeks)
- IT (10 weeks)
- Controlling (4 weeks)
- Sales (4 weeks)
- Field of activity with project work
Questions & answers on the application process at Handtmann
Applications via the online portal are preferred.
However, you still have the possibility to apply either by post or by mail.
- Covering letter
- Full curriculum vitae
- Last 3 school records
The application period for university courses starting in 2018 is expired.
No applications will be accepted.
You will receive confirmation of receipt after you have sent your application. You will therefore know that your documentation has definitely reached Handtmann.
Your application documents will then be read personally and considered with respect to suitability by the training team. Therefore it may take a few weeks before you receive a reply. Thank you for your understanding. Even if it may take some time to consider your application, this on no account reflects on your chances of being accepted for the position.
If your application and the requirements of your career aspiration match, we will invite you for a personal interview. This is usually with the respective instructor.
Please refer to the Directions section to find out how to get to our locations.
You will receive a written response to the success of your application in the weeks after the interview. If your application is confirmed, we will send you a trainee contract and further information.
We ask for your patience. There may be several applicants and a decision can only be reached once all the interviews are complete.
Of course you can apply again after an unsuccessful application. It is quite possible that a suitable trainee position will be available at a later date or that a skilled worker position is vacant after your training. We look forward to receiving your application.
Site plans and directions